|on Insomnimania's website|
This Fanimutation was made in Macromedia Director instead of Flash. There is no streaming audio, so the movie will not synchronize properly, although the movie contains a few stop points where it waits for the song to catch up with the visuals. The song will play before the video is ready unless you have a fast enough PC.
This fanimutation was created on a PC running a Pentium III 733mhz, and will run on anything above that, however it is recommended you set your display to run in 16-bit color, for some reason that works better.
The author, who can be reached through his homepage, welcomes any assistance that can be given for translating this fanimutation to SWF format.
Any computer made after the release of this movie is able to play it properly at the correct speed with no noticeable lag (this was done on an Athlon XP in 32 Bit Color with Shockwave 10.1
What's going on here?
Grrl Revolution (Or Grrl Rev for short) is a basically a mock tribute to "Grrl Power". While intended to be a Fanimutation, not many elements from traditional Fanimutations were used. The version that is currently on the Internet is not the final version, which was lost, along with the original Director files.
- Almost every non-cartoon male character dies somehow, usually head explosion. Two (Three if you count an 'extra') non-cartoon males are not seen "dying", one being Matthew Lesko.
- Many of the head explosions (like the very first one of George W. Bush) are sprite animations taken from the Irem's NES game MetalStorm.
- Dead characters that return after death are signified by being washed out (decayed?), and have X's over their eyes
- The piece that represents Janet Reno's mouth moves to Yuko's mouth as she fades in
- A photo of the author's cats humping can be seen
- Philadelphia Lite Cream Cheese is referred to as "Non-fattening food"
- Jon Stewart is seen taking a bite from the Whiskas logo as the words "Now he's eating Kal Kan" are displayed. Whiskas changed its brand name from Kal Kan in the late 80's/early 90's, but the author could not find the logo for Kal Kan.
- Once again, we see Janet Reno's "mouth" transferred to Yuko.
- Ophelia fires a shot that fatally wounds Keanu Reaves in the head
- A picture of two horse's rear ends is flashed with the words "plop plop"
- Chun Li kicks the ugly head, which bounces around, knocks her down, and is eaten by the singing mouth.
- Chun Li is seen "showering" ani's coochie.
- Thai food is so hot, that it emits flames
- Blaze shoots a ninja star at the Thinking Man statue (he is a man, after all)
- Hello Kitty advises us that the Bridge sequence is about to start, and also that FARTING IS NOT PERMITTED
- A giant Jay Leno lumbers into the scene, knocking down Blaze
- Jay Leno breathes fire, and then eats the Sprites
- You can 'hear' Strawberry Shortcake giggle as she rides through the background
- Inside Leno's mouth, the following happens:
- Bubbles come from Bill Clinton's saxophone as he plays along with the music
- Scott Baio is chased by a lightening kicking Chun Li, who is joined by Strawberry Shortcake (who appears to be rabid)
- one of many long pauses is seen after we exit Jay Leno's mouth while the music catches up
- a chinchilla is sawed in half
- there are "fireworks" as we "shower Ani's coochie" a second time
- a turtle is seen agreeing with 'as a bad man may do'
- even though Bill Clinton's head explodes, the saxophone continues to play
- there is one known spelling error: in the credits "GRIGIRL" should read "GTIGIRL".
- to play the video again, you must click on the apple in Janet Reno's mouth
- Samantha Stephens (logo used for Insomnimania)
- Janet Reno
- George W. Bush
- Twink and the other sprites from Rainbow Brite
- Yuko from Valis III for Sega Genesis
- Girl from Gaiares for Sega Genesis
- Strawberry Shortcake
- "gruesome" girl from Fugly.com
- Jon Stewart and Gillian Anderson
- My Little Pony characters
- Trick Daddy (on one of the albums)
- R. Kelly (another album in the flurry)
- naked women?
- Ophelia, art found on the Internet, source unknown
- Keanu Reeves
- Scrubbing Bubbles
- Grumpy Bear
- Good Luck Bear
- Funshine Bear
- Love-a-lot Bear
- Cheer Bear
- Birthday Bear
- Ani DeFranco
- Chun Li from Street Fighter II for SNES
- weird girl with long hair, weird eyes, and bearded face from Fugly.com
- Shannon Kringen (Goddess Kring from Seattle Public Accesss TV)
- Blaze from Streets Of Rage II for Genesis
- Hello Kitty
- Jay Leno
- Bill Clinton
- Scott Baio (in suspenders)
- Anne Robinson (host of Weakest Link)
- Vanna White (altered)
- Matthew Lesko
- Halcyon (from Gargoyles)
- kids, taken from Superbad.com
- a chinchilla
|Fake Lyrics||Real Lyrics||日本語で|
isagiyoku kakkoyoku ikite-yukou
潔く カッコよく 生きて行こう…
The song is the opening theme from the anime Revolutionary Girl Utena, which has also been dubbed under the titles Utena and Ursula's Kiss.
Rejected Fake Lyrics
Due to the super bloted .dcr file format, previous versions of the lyrics have been found with a hex editor. The old lyrics that are not present in the final version have been highlighted in bold. Spelling is correct.