Mostly Metal Jacket
|Mostly Metal Jacket|
|on the Animutation Portal|
In this alternate history epic, Colin Mochrie plays himself as a Vietnam soldier who deserts and becomes a hippy, but is forced to leap in action again when the Vietnamese conquer America and begin invading Canada.
- Stained Glass Patriot Bunny
- Jean-Luc Picard
- Colin Mochrie
- R. Lee Ermey
- Nikolas Lloyd (wearing zoot suit)
- Malcolm McDowell from A Clockwork Orange
- HAL 9000
- Alfonso Ribeiro
- Jay Jay the Jet Plane
- Robin Williams from Good Morning Vietnam
- Charlie Sheen from Platoon
- Jack Nicholson from A Few Good Men
- Forrest Gump
- Martin Sheen from Apocalypse Now
- ? (statue near Vietnam Memorial)
- Jesus H. Christ
- Andrew Kepple
- Maury Povich
- John Lennon
- Alain Chabat?
- Matter Transport Booth
- Zippy's Big Red One
- Joker's helmet from Full Metal Jacket
Put a detailed summary of the movie here.
|Fake Lyrics||Real Lyrics|
Hubba hubba zoot zoot
Hubba hubba zoot zoot
As far as we know, the song "Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot" doesn't translate into anything in any language known to man. It gained some notoriety on the Internet when someone set a bunch of clips from the anime El Hazard to a live version of the song and released it as the anime music video "Jinnai and the Bugrom: Live!"
In a related fact Ted Gärdestad & Michael B. Tretow (the members of the group) confessed that Caramba was just a joke.
- The replay button at the end of the movie is supposed to be a rubbing of Zippy's name from the Vietnam Memorial Wall Thing in Washington, DC. The spinning guy in the intermission is one of the statues near there.
- Alex and HAL 9000 are from other movies by Stanley Kubrick, director of Full Metal Jacket. Carlton Banks is not.
- The bear from the intermission is Bungle from Rainbow, the same kids' show as Zippy.
- The scrolling message "You all come from Texas, and you're not steers, if you get my meaning" is based on Sergeant Hartman's line "Only steers and queers come from Texas".
- Mostly Metal Jacket contains references to the following animutations:
- Seven Deadly Dwarfs - the "Survival Tip" message, displayed as Colin and Zippy get in the boat.
- Hyakugojyuuichi - the text "Not this time" on the sun (since Colin's face is not there), the phrase "Wakeman is Biased" on the protester's sign, Colin's street number being 151, "Donuts are high in fat" mentioned in the Survival Tip, and the "Do not read this text" as JHC gives Colin the newspaper.
- Shumway - the Matter Transport Booth. Also, as Colin travels home, he passes over Kandahar.
- Kung Fu Phil and the Death Cookie - Colin Mochrie's house is only a giant box, but that's fine with him.
- French Erotic Film - the phrase "Free the Chained-Up Thing" on the protester's sign.
- Team Rocket's Journey Through Time and Space - the Magic News, which reports on the President's missing toe.
- Earth Vs. Funk - the phrase "Missile Cuts No Cold" on the protester's sign.
- Monster Deer - the Survival Tip contains a way to keep flies from taking your nan.
- Do The Mario - "Take one step, and then again", mentioned in the Survival Tip.
- Chocolate Niblet Beans - Sue-Ling-Goh, mentioned in the Survival Tip.
- Zippy's remark "I've got a big Red one" has three meanings:
- Zippy says it in the notorious "Lost Episode" of "Rainbow"
- It is an unintentional reference to the Film "The Big Red One".
- It means that he's going to die, as if he were wearing a red shirt.